Sunday, March 14, 2010

Vegetable Slicer with Attitude




Bob sharpened a very scary tool today. It is an old slicer for vegetables that sits on an angle over a bowl or chopping board. The design is simple and clever - if you don't value your digits. The blade has no guard and considering the force you have to use to slice a vegetable, disaster is only a swipe away.

I sliced a carrot with the thing without incident but I feel I may have used up my luck for a while so I am proceeding with caution for the next few days.

Tom, the guy who owns said device, was thrilled to have found it and says he has used one like it to cut cabbage. Well, if I was using it I am afraid the cabbage would swiftly become red cabbage.
Now a days, there are guards on everything, sometimes to the point that it is hard to use the item for its intended purpose. And everything has a warning label. Like, the child's pool we bought that said, "Use no electric in pool or a damage may arise." Darn, they spoiled all our electrical fun.

I really think the slicer needs a warning label, though. Maybe, Don't Use this Device, or Buy a Food Processor.





No comments:

Post a Comment