Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easy Easter Basket is Pixel Approved



I made about two dozen Easter baskets this week. I made them for our grand kids, Asa and Emmett and for the seniors at the senior center where I work. The pattern was online and it is very clever and so easy and economical, too. They're made of heavy cardboard, I used poster board, and after cutting, folding and gluing,they are pretty and fairly sturdy.

I made a bunch of them last weekend and finished up the rest today. Pixel the kitty "helped me" and she only increased production time a small amount. She is a sweet old kitty and I indulge her. When we were done, I put the baskets on the dining room table to allow the glue to dry and then went on to other things.

I don't know how long Pixel was involved in basket craft but an hour or so later, I found her sprawled out on the table, wearing one of the pink baskets around her middle. She was kind of grumpy with me as I photographed her fashion statement. I thought she looked quite stylish but she only wanted out.

I suppose we should keep Pixel off the tables. It might not be a big issue for a while since she is a little afraid of the dining room table now. It is the scene of the basketing and she remembers.

If you, or your cat, would like to make a basket, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment